This is an awesome appetizer or starter recipe! It’s easy to assemble, great to serve, you’ll look like you slaved for hours over that hot stove!
Ingredients For Chicken Marsala Portobello Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large portabello mushroom caps
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 5 cups chopped fresh spinach
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons marsala wine, divided
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup provolone or mozzerella, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium.
- Add in the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened, then add the garlic to cook for a minute more.
- Remove the stems from the mushroom caps, set the caps aside.
- Chop of the mushroom stems and add into the onions and garlic, and give it a quick stir through.
- Add the chicken and sauté, breaking up with a spoon until browned through.
- Pour in ¼ cup of the marsala wine, season with salt and pepper. Simmer until the liquid is almost all absorbed.
- Throw the chopped spinach into the skillet a few handfuls at a time and stir into the chicken until wilted down, then add in the rest of the spinach to wilt.
- Stir in the parmesan, cream and ¼ cup of the provolone or mozzerella,, stirring to combine.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of marsala at the end and stir through again.
- Set the filling aside to cool while you finish prepping the mushrooms by cleaning the caps of the brown gills.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the filling, dividing equally between all four.
- Place on baking paper in a tray or on a pan, and bake for 15 minutes; remove from the oven and top with the remaining cheese on each mushroom and bake for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.