This Easy Ricotta Avocado Toast topped with Sriracha sauce and a Poached Egg is a heart healthy breakfast packed with protein and flavor for only 269 calories a serving!
- 2 slices of whole wheat, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1-2 avocados, mashed
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Boil your kettle & fill a large skillet about 1½” full of water & add a bit of salt and bring it back to the boil.
- Pop your bread in the toaster.
- Carefully add your eggs to the gently simmering water. (remember, the freshest eggs you can get will stay in that nice little shape. Older eggs thread all over the place, very annoying). Cover & turn the heat off.
- Leave eggs covered off the heat for 4-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, evenly divide the ricotta, avocado & Sriracha sauce to each piece of toast.
- When the eggs are done to your liking, gently remove with a slotted spoon and drain for a moment and place on top of your now well-dressed toast.
- Garnish with green onions and immediately enjoy the nom-noms.